22. We call upon those who can effect change within the Canadian health-care system to recognize the value of Aboriginal healing practices and use them in the treatment of Aboriginal patients in collaboration with Aboriginal healers and Elders where requested by Aboriginal patients.
Aboriginal Healing practices should be recognized by the Canadian health-care system. The use of healing practices and treatments should be available to Aboriginal patients when requested and this call to action should occur with including collaboration with Aboriginal healers and Elders.
- An Overview of Traditional Knowledge and Medicine And Public Health in Canada, National Aboriginal Health Organization
- Traditional Anishinabe Healing, National Aboriginal Health Organization
- Why Traditional Healing Has a Place in Modern Health Care, The Globe and Mail
- Case Over Cancer Treatment for Native Girl is Resolved, The Globe and Mail